We are dedicated to providing you, our customers, with a fair, safe, and socially responsible environment. To enable this, we have implemented a number of measures that we trust you will find both helpful and reassuring.
It is a criminal offence for anyone under the age of 18 to play our mobile games or otherwise. We, therefore, have sophisticated procedures and software in place to minimise the risk of underage customers registering or placing bets with us. If we suspect, for whatever reason, that you may be underage, we will conduct further age verification checks and may require documentary evidence to confirm your age. During this period of age verification, your account will be frozen and no further gambling will be allowed until you are found to be of the correct age. If you are found to be underage, all stakes will be returned to you and no winnings will be paid. If you suspect that someone else is underage, please email [email protected].
Our games are age restricted and are not available to children or adolescents. Nonetheless, we realise that the internet is easily accessible in many homes. To ensure the safety of children in your home, you should consider installing filtering software to block minors from accessing certain websites and programs. For example, you can use one of the following third party sources for further information or protection:
- CYBERsitter filtering solutions allows parents to restrict access to websites of their choice: www.cybersitter.com
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content www.netnanny.com
- A website which is co-funded by the European Union and provides comprehensive information about internet filter software and also offers a free test version: www.betterinternetforkids.eu
We also recommend the following practices be followed:
- Do not leave computer or mobile device running with a gaming site open when children are around.
- Protect your gaming applications with password access and keep your username, password and deposit method details out of possible reach of children.
- Educate your children about the legality and potential damage of underage gaming.
- Minimise the amount of time your child spends online.
We recognise that while most people gamble within their means, for some gambling can become a problem. To stay in control, it may help to remember the following:
- Gambling is a form of entertainment. It is not a way to get rich quickly and pay off your debts.
- There is no way to guarantee winning – the game can go either way and you should be prepared for the consequences. The decision to play should always be yours, not someone else’s.
- Avoid chasing losses.
- Regularly keep track of the time and amount of money you spend on gambling.
- Ensure you know the rules of the game you are playing.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
If you are worried that gambling may have taken over your (or someone else’s) life, try answering the following questions:
- Do you gamble alone for long periods of time?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of time or money you have spent gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling habits?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies as a result of taking part in gambling activities and the amount of time you spend gambling?
- Are you reluctant to spend “gambling money” on anything else?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Do you stay away from work, college or university to gamble?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- When you run out of money when gambling, do you feel lost and in despair, and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
The more questions you answered “yes” to, the more likely it is that you have a serious gambling problem.
If you believe you have a gambling problem, you are urged to seek professional help. If you believe someone close to you has a problem, please urge them to seek help as well.
If you live in the UK and need to talk to someone about a problem with gambling (be it yours or somebody else’s) then call the GamCare Helpline and speak to a trained advisor for emotional support, information and advice. You can call free on: 0808 8020 133. The Helpline is open 8am to midnight, 7 days a week. GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone and online support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. Alternatively, visit the GamCare website: www.gamcare.org.uk.
Gambling Therapy is a free online service that provides practical advice and emotional support to people affected by problem gambling who live outside the UK. For more information, visit www.gamblingtherapy.org.
Gamble Aware offers more information on responsible gambling. Please visit their website: www.begambleaware.org.
While only a small proportion of people encounter compulsive gambling problems, we take this matter very seriously and have therefore implemented a number of measures to help you control your gambling, where necessary:
- Our employees are trained in how to recognise compulsive (or underage) gambling and how to take appropriate actions to address such issues.
- We have implemented an easy to use “self-exclusion” program, which is described in more detail below.
- We enable you to monitor your account and set your own deposit levels, which is explained below.
To close your account for any reason, please contact our customer service team by email at [email protected] or by calling +44 (0)2031264953. Closing your account is easy and will be done in a few simple steps. You can reactivate your account at any time by getting back in contact with us.
Self-exclusion is a program we offer to help customers who feel that their gambling is out of control and want assistance to help stop, further from closing their account. If you think this might apply to you, please read on.
On requesting a self-exclusion, you will be prevented from using your account(s) for a minimum of 6 months and for any period up to 5 years. During the agreed period of time you will not be able to place any bets nor will you be allowed to revoke the agreement. We will also remove your name and details from our mailing and marketing lists and will use our reasonable endeavours to prevent you from setting up a new account.
To impose a self-exclusion, you can activate in-app or send an email to [email protected]. Alternatively, you can contact our customer services department which is available 09:00 – 18:00, Monday to Friday and they can advise you on how best to proceed: +44 (0)2031264953.
Once your self-exclusion has been implemented we will send you an email notifying you of this. This confirmation will include specific details about the self-exclusion, for example, the date on which it will start. We will endeavour to apply your self-exclusion as soon as practically possible, however, you should note that this process may take up to 48 hours to implement. We will not consider the self-exclusion period to have started until it has been fully implemented and confirmed to you in writing. If, after confirmation has been communicated to you, you can still access any of our services, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately to let us know. Failing this, we will not be liable to you or any third party if you are able to continue to gamble via our services.
You may reactivate your account once the self-exclusion period has ended by logging in with your user details or by contacting our customer support service. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to withhold all deposited and related monies in relation to such accounts.
You acknowledge and agree that should you decide to ban yourself, you will not be permitted to open or use a new or existing account with us during your self-exclusion period, until the self-exclusion has ended and the original account reopened. In the event you are in breach of the foregoing, we will be entitled to block any new account you open with us, forfeit any funds you may deposit (or have previously been deposited) therein, and shall not be liable to refund to you any funds you may have bet or won through such account.
If you are considering self-exclusion, you may wish to register with GAMSTOP. GAMSTOP is a free service that enables you to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain. To find out more and to sign up with GAMSTOP please visit www.gamstop.co.uk.
We offer a number of tools to allow you to monitor your account to see how much time and money you are spending gambling. We will send you a reminder of how much time you have spent playing if you have been playing for a prolonged time period. We also allow you to control the amount of money you can spend. All our apps present you with a detailed account history where you can see all historical spending activity, respective winnings and win loss statistics. You can set daily, weekly or monthly deposit limits and request to adjust them at any time. Simply call our customer services department +44 (0)2031264953 or send an email to [email protected].